Extreme Production is the art of building consistent daily production.
Hello. My name is Craig.
I realised a simple fact quite early in my design career.
To get more things done, I needed to do things more regularly.
So I did.
I’ve spent the last 13 years making more stuff than anybody else I know.
It all started with Extreme Production challenges.
- I designed a poster a day for 365 days. I improved my skills, became a better designer, built an online following and put on an exhibition of my posters.
- I took a photo a day for 365 days. I found 20 other people to do it with me, and built a social experiment around people doing stuff more regularly.
- I designed a 12″ record sleeve every day for 365 days. I failed this one at day 142. I’ll tell you more about that in the book.
- I learned how to make a podcast by making one every day for 365 days. On day one, I didn’t even know how to make a podcast and had never previously recorded my voice. On day 365, I’d created 3 shows and had learned how to record, produce, market and make a podcast.
All this lead me to refine a method I’ve called Extreme Production.
That was just the beginning. Those core challenges have lead to real benefits in my life:
- I got my first professional design job after only 6 months design training. I’ve now been running my own design agency for a decade.
- I’m growing my social following every day.
- I’ve created thousands of podcasts, thousands of design assets and hundreds of videos all providing social proof of what I can do.
Right now? I currently:
- Make lots of videos.
- Make a weekly design show delivered as a podcast and a video.
- Make a separate weekly podcast.
- Write on Twitter every single day.
- Make visualisations on Instagram and Twitter every single day.
- Run a design agency.
- Write an email newsletter every single day.
- and much, much, much more.
The biggest thing about all this? I’m not superhuman. I have the same 24 hours that you do.
And I’m going to show you how to do it on this website.